Got a passion for local news? We’d like to talk with you.
“Diversity is essential to the success of the news industry, and journalists must include diverse voices in their coverage in order to reach a broader audience. We have stories to tell, but many in our audience have stopped listening because they can tell that we’re not talking about them.”
~ Gwen Ifill
Colorado Community Media is Colorado’s largest source of trusted local news and information. Our employees live, work and play the communities they cover. We are small, but mighty group of local news champions that value our growing and diverse news and advertising team.
Whether you’re still in college or a seasoned pro, if you’ve got the passion and the skills, we’d love to connect with you.
Check out these new opportunities and see how CCM can help grow your career.
JOB NUMBER: 23-0012
JOB TITLE: North Metro Community Reporter (Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster)
COMPENSATION: Full-time (40 hours), starting at $17.50/hour
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical/Dental, Paid vacation/holidays
Colorado Community Media seeks an energetic and ambitious General Assignment Reporter for our North Metro Bureau in Colorado’s Adams County. The ideal candidate is a creative newshound who is interested in working in a busy, growing, suburban community that has a range of important stories to cover – from economic growth, development, traffic, housing, state and local politics and to city government meetings and culture. We’re looking for a reporter able to meet daily deadlines, is comfortable with digital journalism and is excited to engage the community. If you have a love for community news that matters to hometown readers, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Write quick, clean copy for web and weekly print editions that is accurate and concise as well as engaging, informative and entertaining.
- Have an eye for good stories and track record for pitching them to editors and successfully completing them.
- An understanding of basic reporting techniques, including diving into court and police records as well as meeting agendas and comfort interviewing news subjects in person and on the telephone.
- A hustle spirit that maintains Colorado Community Media’s leadership as a local news source throughout the county’s communities.
- Ability to respond to breaking news as directed.
- Manage social media platforms and post stories to the web.
- Deliver a range of short news pieces and features – one story per day, or an average of five stories per week with allowances for longer features and special projects – with an emphasis on digital-first.
- Demonstrated proficiency under pressure, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated with excellent time management skills and possess a teamwork mentality.
- Cover issues important to readers, especially those that find their way to municipal governments in Westminster, Northglenn and Thornton, Colo. This includes city council meetings, elections, police, community gatherings, businesses, nonprofit organizations, schools and activities.
- Take photos to go with your stories.
- Participate (and often lead) community listening sessions to engage residents’ interests and coverage needs.
- Manage website content and social media platforms.
- Create a weekly plan for stories with editors and CCM’s North news team:
- Meeting coverage, story advances and analysis from community boards and organizations.
- Coverage and photos of significant community events, breaking news.
- Regular business and personality profiles.
- Culture features.
- Long-term investigative and team projects.
At Colorado Community Media, we will consider both seasoned and entry-level applicants as long as they’re committed to writing stories that connect with our readers.
The position rarely requires overtime, but reporters on occasion work nights and weekend hours. Travel is at times necessary for the job. The position does offer day-to-day flexibility in work hours and in work location, at our offices, in the field and remotely.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We’re committed to building an inclusive organization that represents the people and communities we serve. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, veterans, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities.
Please email your resume, cover letter and three published writing clips to North Metro Editor Scott Taylor: staylor@ColoradoCommunityMedia.com No phone calls, please.
Colorado Community Media is a network of two dozen weekly and monthly newspapers in Colorado, spread across much of the Front Range. Coverage area includes Adams, Arapahoe, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson and Weld counties. The family of papers includes publications with more than 100 years of history serving these communities. In May 2021, the company was bought by the Colorado News Conservancy, with The Colorado Sun as an operating partner, with a vision of transforming the beloved papers into a 21st century, best-in-class community media organization, focused on delivering expert service journalism and deep community reporting in print and online.
JOB NUMBER: 23-0010
JOB TITLE: Sales Professional (Jefferson County Territory)
Colorado Community Media is hiring native-digital sales professionals seeking to build their careers with the largest local media company in Colorado. We continue to invest in innovation and people, developing new businesses and state-of-the-art tools that support new products that produce superior ROIs for clients.
We believe that a creative, learning environment staffed with talented people who want to grow and utilize the newest and best tools will result in a dynamic and successful culture that has a positive impact on our clients’ businesses and our community.
Our brand is one of the most trusted in our community. We’ve built this reputation by providing award-winning news coverage and by being engaged in our community at all levels. As a true marketer, we want you to bring your experience and expertise to develop the best advertising and audience programs for local advertisers needing to engage with the community to grow their business.
We value teamwork. We embrace opinions, perspectives, cultures and backgrounds that energize the company and fuel our passion to do what’s right for our readers, our advertisers and our employees. If you’ve got the drive and the passion, together we can take your career farther than ever imagined.
We are building a sales team that will be the face of the changing media landscape. We are looking for people who are excited to represent our emerging brands and our trusted, traditional ones too.
Join our team, working from our Englewood offices and remote.
If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission to grow and engage our community, please apply.
This position offers competitive pay with commission and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal time. As an added bonus, you’ll office less than 60 minutes from the best Colorado has to offer in outdoor recreation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re committed to building an inclusive organization that represents the people and communities we serve. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, veterans, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter with references to Director of Advertising Erin Addenbrooke at email@example.com or use our convenient online application form.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Base pay plus commission, generally at least $40K per year
Paid time off
Sales/marketing experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Carrier Openings – Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock and Parker
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Competitive pay and potential sign-on bonus.
About the job: A great way to make some extra money for the holidays! Part-time hours. Adaptable route sizes.
No suit or tie required!
Previous carrier experience encouraged: reliable vehicle and email access required. No telephone inquiries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your contact information and zip code. We will respond to you based on availability.