The Northwest Douglas County Chamber and Economic Development announced winners of the businesses of the year during a March 4 annual breakfast at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows.
Commissioner Abe Laydon opened the event, welcoming attendees and providing updates on the county’s budget, including that sales tax revenue is up 23%.
“We really believe in Douglas County that government should mostly get out of the way and allow businesses to thrive, do well and succeed,” he said. “Hopefully when you come south of county line, your experience in Douglas County has been free, open, unrestricted and that you are open for business right here in this community.”
The event also included presentations from Seven Stones, the presenting sponsor of the event; the Metro Denver Economic Development Council; and Commissioner Lora Thomas, who serves on the board of directors for the organization.
Thomas gave updates on the recently-formed Douglas County Health Department, including announcing the hiring of the new public health director, and the $68 million in American Rescue Plan Act funding the county is working on divvying up.
“The commissioners are looking hard at how to spend this money best to benefit all of us,” she said.
The business of the year winners were:
- Small Office/Home Office – Tammy Jacobellis, Mary Kay
- Small Business – Best Option Restoration
- Medium Business – Festive Cup
- Large Business – Marriott Denver South at Park Meadows
- Non-Profit – Backpack Society
- Ambassador of the Year – Michelle Colaizzi – Allstate – The Colaizzi Agency
- Champion Award – Tim & Michelle Oddo – The Oddo Group a Division of Luminate Home Loans
The members of the 2022 board of directors were also announced::
- Geoff Lawton, Chairman – Radiology Imaging Associates & Invision Sally Jobe
- Chase Aalborg, Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Joshua Baile, Dominion Water & Sanitation District
- Michelle Colaizzi, Allstate Insurance – Colaizzi Agency
- Becky Holm – Seven Stones Botanic Garden Cemetery
- Erin Jones, FirstBank
- Michelle Oddo – The Oddo Group, a Division of Luminate Home Loans
- Jill Repella – Ventana Capital
- Jack Reutzel – Fairfield and Woods, P.C.
- Alex Schatz – Brannan Sand & Gravel
- Diane Smethills – Sterling Ranch Development Company
- Kyle Starr – Children’s Hospital Colorado, South Campus
- Heather Taylor – Impact Commercial Real Estate
- Douglas County Commissioner Lora Thomas