FORT LUPTON — A 19-year-old Fort Lupton man is recovering from a drug overdose, thanks in large part to the actions of a Weld County sheriff’s deputy.
The incident happened March 6 in the 10700 block of Weld County Road 14 1/2, west of town. Family members found the man unconscious in a bathroom around 10:45 a.m.
“A family member thought the man could have been overdosing on fentanyl and Xanax,” Moylan said in a statement. “Deputies administered a four-milligram dose of Narcan nasal spray, which caused the man to
become more alert.”
Ambulance attendants arrived and administered another two milliograms before taking the teen to Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton. Moylan said the man is expected to survive.
“Deputies later learned family found the man unresponsive in his bed,” Moylan said. “A family member then moved him to the bathroom to pour water on his head to try to wake him up while another drove to multiple stores in Fort Lupton searching for Narcan. Close to an hour passed before family
finally decided to call 911.”
Moylan said this call could have had a much different outcome.
“The Weld County Sheriff’s Office urges
residents to call 911 for help at the first sign of an emergency,” Moylan said.