For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by May 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
• Pole vaulter Justin Sandberg keeps on winning as he was first in the Legend Titan Track Clash on April 7 with a 15-02.00 effort. Caleb Ream won the 1,600 in 4:27.40.
• The baseball team plays Douglas County on April 13 and Bryce Matthews continues to lead the league in hitting with a .567 batting average. He also has a league leading 1.100 slugging percentage. He has 17 hits in 30 at-bats, and six of his hits have been triples or home runs.
• The track team had three individual winners on April 7 at the Legend Titan Track Classic at Echo Park Stadium. Landon Rast won the boys 3,200 in 9:30.89. Lauren Jarossy captured the girls pole vault in 12-4.25 and Abigail Tamminga was first in the long jump with a leap of 18-00.00.
• The baseball team, ranked sixth in the CHSAANow.com 5A poll, faces No. 3 Heritage on April 13. The Titans lost 7-2 to the Eagles last season.
• Ranked ninth in the Class 5A poll, the lacrosse team goes against Douglas County on April 13.
• The baseball team faces SkyView Academy in a doubleheader on April 13. The Lions are 6-0 against the Hawks in the half dozen games played between the schools.
• Nine of the 10 girls listed on the varsity soccer roster have scored goals in five games played this season. The Lions face Coal Ridge from New Castle on April 14, and Lutheran lost 1-0 last season in the lone game played between the schools.
• Myra Evans won the long jump April 7 at the Mullen Invitational track meet with a leap of 18-6.25.
• Swimmer Blake Wilton has the best times in three events according to times compiled by prepswimco.com. Ponderosa is third in the team rankings. Wilton has the top time in the 50 freestyle in 20.97, the 100 backstroke in 52.09 and the 100 butterfly in 49.43.
• The girls soccer team, led by Jazlynn Ellis who is tied for the Continental League in goals and points with seven tallies and 15 points, faced Heritage April 12 and Littleton April 14. The team lost to both schools last season, falling 7-2 to Heritage and losing 3-2 to Littleton.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.