For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by May 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
• The baseball squad, hitting. 346 as a team, faces Ponderosa on April 13. The Sabercats have compiled a 2-5 record against the Mustangs in the past seven games.
• James Steinke leads the lacrosse team with 20 goals and 26 points.
• The girls soccer team is unbeaten in its last four games and faces Highlands Ranch on April 12.
• Katrina Merrick captured first place in the 300-meter hurdles at the Mullen Invitational track meet on April 7 with a time of 48.04.
• At the Legend Titan Track Classic, Tyler Nelson won the discus with a throw of 155-07 and Tre Teague captured the high jump with a 6-5.00 effort.
• The baseball team, ranked 10th in the April 9 CHSAANow.com 5A poll, is hitting .372 as a team and takes on Chaparral on April 13. The Huskies have gone 3-7 against the Wolverines in the past 10 games.
• Players on the lacrosse team are dominating the early season statistics in the Douglas County lacrosse league. Jake Heinzelman leads the league with 24 goals and 41 points. The Huskies’ Chase Rodine is second with 21 goals and 36 points, followed by teammate Connor Bullock with 20 goals.
• Members of the track team traveled to California to compete in the Arcadia Invite and several made a strong impression. Senior Emily Sloan won the 100-meter hurdles. She was second in the 300 hurdles in 42.25. Riley Masten was ninth in the high jump at 5-4. Easton Allred was third in the 3,200 with a personal best of 9:08.34 and Chris Theodore was ninth in the mile with a 4:26.19 clocking.
• The baseball team faces top-ranked Mountain Vista on April 13 and only five runs have decided the past three games between the teams. Rock Canyon has won two of those three contests.
• The girls golf team won the Jeffco 4A tournament April 4 at the Broadlands Golf Club with an 11-shot margin over second-place Golden. Sam Schoenborn led the Eagles with an 82.
• The baseball team has an April 14 game scheduled against Green Mountain and it’s been seven seasons since the Eagles have lost to the Rams. Valor is 5-1 against Green Mountain with their only loss coming on April 20, 2011.
• Junior Anna Hall had a banner day at the Mullen Invitational track meet on April 7, capturing the 100 hurdles in 14.52 and the 300 hurdles in an 4A all-time record of 42.03. Sophomore Cole Sprout was also a standout, capturing the 800 meters in 1:57.28 and edging MountainVista’s Carter Dillon in the 1,600 meters with a time of 4:12.75. Sprout’s time in the 1,600 was a meet record.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.