No new leads in search for missing 13-year-old: Task force continues search, parents take polygraph test

Posted

Investigators continue their search for Dylan Redwine, the 13-year-old Lewis-Palmer Middle School Student, who disappeared from his father's home on Nov. 19 near Durango while on a visit for Thanksgiving.

Boats equipped with sonar equipment searched Vallecito Lake again while the task force searched the shoreline.

“We have no new tips that have sent us back to the lake but we're checking in case changes in water and lake conditions could have resulted in any changes from last week,” Sgt. Dan Bender, spokesperson for the Dylan Redwine Task Force, said in a statement. “Those searches have not found anything at this time but are continuing throughout the day.”

In addition the San Juan County Sheriff's Office is conducting a helicopter search of Vallecito Lake, Lemon Reservoir, Haviland Lake, Lake Nighthorse and Electra Lake.

“These new searches are not based on new tips either,” Bender added. “We are just trying to be as thorough as possible and look as many places as we can.”

The task force is still requesting photographs and video footage from citizens that were taken between 6 p.m. Nov. 18 and noon Nov. 19 of vehicles travelling between Durango and Vallecito Lake. Anyone with photographs or video can call 970-385-2900.

There is video footage of Redwine arriving at the airport on Nov. 18 and later that day at Wal-Mart. Redwine is seen wearing a blue baseball cap with a white front panel with the words “Duke Blue Devils”. He was also wearing a black t-shirt with a large, possibly grey, “DC” logo on the front with a thin light colored square border around the logo. He had on black basketball shorts that went below the knee with light, possible light blue and white, stripes on the sides and black “Jordan” shoes with a white tongue and white shoelace area.

Elaine Redwine, Dylan's mother, told CNN Headline News on Dec. 3 that she and her ex-husband Mark Redwine, Dylan's father, took polygraph tests. She said she passed the lie-detector test but authorities will not release the results. Mark Redwine's home was searched last week because that was the last place Dylan was seen.

“As this is an ongoing investigation the task force cannot comment on details about the search of Mark Redwine's home, details about video and photographs from community members that are being analyzed or any other details on the investigation,” Bender said.

Family members continue to hold on to hope that Dylan Redwine will be found. At a prayer vigil held by family members Dec. 2 in Limbach Park his grandmother Maria Goodall urged people to keep praying.

“Tell people please don't give up. No way would he run away. If he's locked up somewhere he would find a way to get out. He's feisty,” Goodall said.

If anyone has any information that may aid in the search for Dylan they are asked to leave a voice mail message on the Dylan Redwine Tip Line at 970-382-7511. If a citizen wants a return call from law enforcement they must leave their contact information but anonymous tips are acceptable.

Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678. The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information to Dylan Redwine's whereabouts. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112.