Denver Metro chamber plans awards luncheon
The Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, with presenting sponsor Colorado Business Bank, will host the 2012 Business Awards luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 27 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center, 650 15th St., Denver.
Awards will be presented to the Small Business of the Year, the Emerging Business of the Year, the Minority-owned Business of the Year, the large and small Nonprofit Organization of the Year and the Green Business of the Year.
Additionally, the David E. Bailey Small Business Advocate Award will be presented to an individual Chamber member for his or her long-term advocacy of small business in the metro area.
The 2012 finalists are:
Small Business of the Year:
- blue onion, which offers an integrated service mix including media planning and placement, broadcast production and post-production, digital and print design with mobile and social marketing.
- Enserca, LLC, Professional Services in support of the development of the infrastructure for the transportation and generation of energy including engineering, design, rights of way acquisition, project management, survey, and construction oversight.
- Platte River Networks, a technology consulting firm providing complete IT services for small- to mid-sized businesses. Platte River Networks’ unique Intuition technology provides full-time remote and on-site management of network infrastructure ensures critical data remains constantly accessible, secure and retrievable.
Emerging Business of the Year
- NIMBL is a privately-held nationally-recognized award-winning SAP professional services firm focused on high-value high-impact consulting. NIMBL provides bleeding-edge technical SAP consulting services and proprietary SAP Express software solutions to both the midmarket and Fortune 500.
- Image Brew is a high-end, video production boutique who creates compelling, high-definition videos for many types of media, ranging from web to broadcast to mobile.
- A Master’s Hands, LLC is the affordable remodeling and handyman services company that provides a wide range of services for its clients from kitchen and bath remodeling to sprinkler systems along with garage door maintenance, desks and landscaping.
Minority-owned Business of the Year
- The Prescott Group, LLC has services ranging from Enterprise Resource Planning and Management Consulting, Organizational Change Management Consulting, Software Application, and IT/ERP Staffing.
- Larimer Catering- Denver Corporate Catering is a full-service corporate caterer dedicated to serving the Greater Denver business community.
- Campos EPC, LLC focuses on supporting clients in the many facets of pipeline integrity regulations, programs and implementation. Offerings to include services associated with turn-key engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) pipeline and facility projects, pipeline integrity, field services, and pipeline and environmental compliance and permitting.
SMALL Nonprofit Organization of the Year
- Environmental Learning for Kids offers a selection of science and natural resource programs, leadership development and stewardship activities to public and private schools in metro Denver, grades preK-12.
- Denver Bike Sharing owns and operates Denver B-cycle, a citywide public bike sharing system with 52 stations and 520 bikes.
- Minds Matter of Denver Inc. is a 100 percent volunteer organization with goals to increase academic performance, improve leadership skills, assist with college applications and obtain college financial aid/scholarships for disadvantaged Denver Public Schools high school students so they can attend four-year universities.
LARGE Nonprofit Organization of the Year
- Project Angel Heart delivers nutritious meals to improve quality of life, at no cost, for those coping with life-threatening illness. The organization imposes no age or income restrictions on its service and never requests payment from clients.
- Mental Health Center of Denver is a nationally recognized mental health provider that provides comprehensive, recovery-focused mental health and substance abuse services and partner with hundreds businesses and other organizations to deliver a blanket of care including food, housing, education and employment services to promote healthy and productive lives.
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center of Colorado provides a safe and affirming environment for the more than 35,000 annual visitors who come to seek information, education, understanding or simply a greater sense of connection to their community. The Center has long played a pivotal role in initiatives to reduce harassment and discrimination.
Green Business of the Year
- SLATERPAULL, Architects Inc. is a full-service architectural firm with focus on sustainable design in the education, civic, adaptive reuse and historic preservation markets.
- Enterprise Leasing Company of Denver operates through its regional subsidiaries with more than 1.2 million cars and trucks. It is the largest car rental service provider in the world measured by revenue, employees and fleet.
- EnviroTech Services Inc. is a leading provider of technically advanced and cutting-edge liquid and granular de-icing/anti-icing products. Its product line includes MeltDown® and Caliber® liquids, APEX®, Apogee® IceSlicer®, Mineral Melt® and MeltDown package granular products.
For nearly 150 years, the Denver Metro Chamber has been a leading voice for Colorado’s business community. With a membership that spans the seven-county metro region and includes 3,000 businesses and their 300,000 employees, the Chamber is an effective advocate for small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels. With its affiliates—the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation, the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation, the Denver Metro Small Business Development Center, the Colorado Competitive Council and the Colorado Space Coalition, the Chamber plays a vital role in defining the economic landscape of our state. For more information, go to www.denverchamber.org.