Barn burns down in Castle Rock


A fire destroyed a barn in the Castle Oaks area of Castle Rock in the early morning hours of May 23.

The approximately 5,000-square-foot barn was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived at around 3 a.m., according to a news release from the town. Firefighters from the Castle Rock, Franktown and South Metro departments got the blaze under control within 45 minutes.

No people were injured, but a dozen chickens inside the barn on Oakgrove Court were killed.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental, and was due to electrical problems associated with a heat lamp being used to warm the chickens, the news release stated.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment